May 7-9, 2013
The 14th International Food, Beverage, Wine & Spirits Exhibition in China
Each year SIAL China positions itself as "the event" not to be missed for professionals in the food, beverage, wine and spirits industries in China. Exhibiting at SIAL China is the best means of making your products known and for positioning them directly with the various import/distribution segments in China and Asia including supermarket/hypermarkets, wholesalers, foodservice (hotel/restaurant), importers/trade agents.
Why should you exhibit at SIAL China 2013?
• China is the 3rd largest importer in the global economy and 2nd largest consumer of food and beverage worldwide
• U.S. agricultural exports to China more than tripled over the past six years (from $6.7 billion in 2005 to $23.1 billion in 2011).
• China is now the new number 1 market for U.S. agricultural products. China’s food demand continues to outpace its domestic production, creating a market opportunity for exporting countries such as the United States.
• US companies who exhibited at SIAL China 2012 reported $2.5 million USD in onsite sales and projected an additional $28 million over the next 12 months resulting from SIAL China.
• More than 1,000 SKUs of American products were introduced and test-marketed at SIAL China 2012.
• No other show in China provides so many proven opportunities to promote your products, build brand awareness and close deals with local trade professionals including pre-scheduled meetings with top retailers, the Trends and Innovations Area, China’s Wine and Spirits Competition, Cooking Trends Area.
As the world’s most-populated and fastest-growing market, China is an ideal target for many food and agricultural products. With over 1.34 billion inhabitants, China represents 20.7% of the world’s population. Shanghai alone accounts for 14% of the Chinese population and a third of its national GDP.
With over 70 U.S. companies, the USDA-endorsed USA Pavilion at SIAL China 2012 was the largest international pavilion and one of the most heavily visited areas at the exhibition which included 1,750 exhibitors from 68 countries. Over 40,700 trade-only visitors (14% international) attended SIAL China in 2012.
Food and beverage products
Importers & wholesalers, agents & distributors, supermarkets & hypermarkets, hotels & restaurants, foodservice buyers